Sunday, July 11, 2010

Archives and Museum-making

For the last few months, I've been working on two new(ish) public history projects.

For most of my professional hours, I work at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania (HSP) as a project archivist for the Digital Center for Americana.

You can read more about my work over at Fondly, Pennsylvania, HSP's archives blog, and you can learn more about the Digital Center for Americana here. I'll do my best to cross-post here when I've written something new for Fondly, Pennsylvania.

I'm also coordinating a new project for First Person Arts called the First Person Museum. The museum is a collection of objects of personal importance to everyday people, along with the stories and histories that convey their significance.

You can read more about the project at First Person Arts' blog, and I'll keep you posted as we get closer to launching the museum online and opening our pilot exhibit in November 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment